Thursday, June 9, 2011

What I have Learnt Through Snowy!

Snowy is going to be 7 years old by end of this year! He came into my life when he was 1 and a half years old. He never fails to make me laugh everyday and when I'm really stress out, one look at him and it will make my stress go away! That's how amazing having a pet can be!

His not just a dog, he is more human than any human being I know. He laughs with me and cries with me in his own ways! He knows how to cheer me up when I'm down. He knows how to encourage me to soldier on when I'm down. Above all, he taught me how to love unconditionally! I know I may not be the best pet owner, but he never fails to show his affection towards me when I return home after I've been out. My mum says, "when you are not at home, he just don't seem to be able to get his eyes of the front door, just waiting patiently for you to return home!" Hmm...I don't think we, humans are able to do something like that as we have so many things going on in our lives.

Over the past year, I've been through some really depressing time and Snowy was there for me through out that period. I actually have thoughts of ending my life but because of Snowy, I was able to hold myself up again. I know that I am responsible to take care of him for the rest of his life! And that's a commitment I will hold through to my heart...

2 comments:

  1. I think the person who created this famous line, 'A dog is a human's best friend' really shared that bond with his/her dog(s). It is such a blessing that we came across our dogs and when my dogs died, I felt so crushed but dad reminded me to remember the great joys they brought into my life. Their lifetime is not as long as ours so we must try to spend as much of our time with them.

    I am glad Snowy can bring you joy in times of sorrow and hope that you know what an amazing person you are.

    Missing you from Melbourne;
    Eric, Carin and Lycan boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more!

    Miss you guys too! Cannot wait for both Snowy and Lycan to reunite again!

    Catch you guys when you come back during CNY!

    ReplyDelete