Friday, July 1, 2011

Pets are just like kids!

I'm at the age where many of my friends are getting married and having kids. I find it a HUGE responsibility to be raising a child and I salute to those of you who are doing that wonderfully!

Snowy has become a big part of my life and he is like a son to me, only difference is his four legged and extra furry! Having him gives me the opportunity to learn about responsibility and how to be a parent! Though it may seem easier to care for a dog than a child as you can leave a dog at home alone but not a child. I'll tell you why it is not easy as a pet need the same amount of care and devotion too!

Snowy has fallen sick with an infection last night after he came back from the groomers! My heart was aching to see him unwell and he was not able to tell me what's happening to him. Unlike a child who can tell you if their tummy is aching, or their throat is itching, a dog or cat is unable to do so. Therefore, you can only look for signs to see what is happening to them. However, if you do not bond well with them or just leave them on their own, will you be able to tell if their unwell? Or will they be able to tell you that their unwell?

I took Snowy to the vet today and I'm glad to say he is slowly recovering! I'm really glad that I have created a bond with him and was able to know that he is unwell immediately.

Love your pet like how you would to your child! If they are not important to you, why did you brought them home in the first place??

2 comments: